Friday, March 2, 2012

Oh Dear...

How time flies. It has been so long since I blogged actively that I wonder if I should even bother. For the past two years, the only interaction I have had with this blog are to delete the junk comments that get filtered to my email account. But I suddenly have a itch to get back on board.

What happened? Well, I got married 2.5 years ago and I think that I had crafting burn out. I DIY'd that shebang to the point that I couldn't face looking at fabric or jam jars or a needle and thread without feeling a horrifying sense of responsibility. I was having some great success selling my handmade animals thru a couple of different local stores and in etsy, but it started to feel like a job and not really all that fun anymore. Essentially, I just burned out. Then I moved cross-country and started a new job and got busy catching up with friends and family. I picked up projects here and there, but nothing that got my heart singing again.

And then, finally at the end of this past winter break, I started to get the bug. I spent 4 straight days sewing and sketching and coming up with new ideas and posting to Instagram and getting great feedback. But I hit an insanely busy period with work and just didn't have time. I'm coming out of that work craziness and finally feel like I might be craving some creative time.

As I go into this year, my goals are minimal. Really there's just one goal. Make some stuff. It doesn't have to be to sell, though I'd be excited to get back there again ultimately. It doesn't have to be for gifts, though I must be the only woman my age not having a baby and so I certainly have some lady friends that would probably love something handmade. It doesn't have to be anything that I show anyone or even keep. I just have to get in my studio and play.

Hopefully, I'll post my journey back to creativity and get some positive feedback from friends along the way. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Rena said...

Oh please do post. I still come here sometimes, hoping for posts.

xo